Headache and Migraine Treatment with our Cumming, GA Chiropractor
For some individuals, a headache or a migraine is a frequent occurrence. While the patients at our Watts Chiropractic Clinic in Cumming experience a variety of symptoms, these disorders sometimes seriously interfere with their preferred lifestyles. Fortunately, our chiropractor can bring relief using natural therapies without medication.
Understanding Headaches and Migraines
Patients with chronic headaches and migraines suffer from disorders with many potential causes. Some of the most common include:
- High blood pressure
- Posture problems
- Reactions to drugs
- Tightness in neck muscles
- Low blood sugar
Common Headache and Migraine Symptoms
Many patients mistakenly believe that only an extreme level of pain separates a migraine from another kind of headache. In fact, a patient with migraine experiences more than head discomfort. Symptoms that commonly accompany pain include:
- Seeing an aura
- Light or sound sensitivity
- Temporary vision loss
Our chiropractor explains that a migraine occurs when blood vessels in the patient’s brain constrict and subsequently dilate. This constriction-dilation process causes alterations in blood pressure and the pounding sensation about which many sufferers complain.
Treatment Options from Doctor of Chiropractic
The first priority of our practice in treating and managing headaches and migraines is utilizing natural methods, not medications, to relieve symptoms. A comprehensive chiropractic evaluation is necessary to create a customized treatment plan that meets the needs of each individual.
- The use of manual adjustments is particularly effective for patients who suffer from a tension headache problem. The most common cause of this type of headache is subluxations in the neck and the upper back, often combined with active trigger points.
- Trigger points within four groups of muscles can cause symptoms that patients describe as head pain. Manual kneading of each trigger point releases tension in the respective muscle and brings relief.
- A number of factors can affect a migraine patient. Among the most frequent we see in our patients are certain odors, changes in the weather, poor sleep patterns, flickering lights, and foods containing tyramine.
- Maintaining a journal of headache occurrences and symptoms is important in identifying triggers and making lifestyle changes that can reduce the risk of additional episodes.
Schedule a Consultation with Our Cumming Chiropractor
Are headaches or migraines interfering with your favorite activities? Our chiropractor in Cumming, Dr. Forrest Watts, can bring relief. He specializes in upper cervical adjustment and uses state-of-the-art techniques such as orthospinology, auricular therapy, and intersegmental traction. Our Watts Chiropractic Clinic also serves patients from Buford, Coal Mountain, Chestatee, Silver City, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, and Dawsonville who have conditions related to personal injury or auto accident injury.
Call us today at (770) 886-7070 to schedule your appointment.