Find Neck Pain Relief at Watts Chiropractic Clinic in Cumming, GA
Neck pain is a common cause of disability and discomfort among adult Americans. At Watts Chiropractic Clinic in Cumming, GA, our chiropractor has spent decades honing his skills in the diagnosis and treatment of neck pain. He offers holistic techniques that have stood the test of time, scientific rigor, and individual patient responses!
Common Causes of Neck Pain Diagnosed by Our Cumming, GA Chiropractor
The neck is made up of seven cervical vertebral bones and dozens of muscles, ligaments, tendons, discs, and other tissues. When injury, abnormal strain, or illness affects this area, pain and dysfunction can occur. The following conditions are some of the most commonly diagnosed issues found by our chiropractor during initial patient examinations (which include physical tests, X-ray imaging, and patient history):
- Whiplash: a syndrome caused by forceful bending and flexing of the neck
- Text neck: pain caused by prolonged slouched posture (common while using cell phones and other "tech" devices)
- Acute joint locks and subluxations: misalignments in the cervical joints
- Muscle strains and sprains: damage to microfibers in connective tissue structures
- Cervical stenosis: narrowing of the space through which the spinal cord travels
- Disc herniation, disc bulge, or degenerative disc disease: these discs can rupture, protrude out of place, or wear down over time
Other common causes of neck pain include osteoarthritis (joint inflammation due to age-related wear and tear) and fibromyalgia (a condition causing widespread chronic pain). Symptoms include neck pain and stiffness, headaches, muscle spasms, shoulder pain, and arm numbness or weakness.
Who gets neck pain? Your risk factors include your gender (women > men), advancing age, stress level, posture, and occupation (people who are primarily sedentary, as well as people who perform a lot of heavy lifting or repetitive movement, are at increased risk).
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Neck Pain Treatment
Our services are non-invasive, drug-free, effective, and long-lasting. Consider some of our services:
- Chiropractic adjustments: realign spinal joints, relax muscle spasms, and trigger the release of pain-relieving "feel good" hormones (no "cracking" or "popping" required)
- Ergonomics: teaching you safer ways to move and function
- Orthospinology: specialized upper cervical assessment and re-alignment
- Auricular therapy: ear acupuncture that has been shown to offer drug-free pain relief in the neck
Searching for Drug-Free Neck Pain Treatment? Contact Our Chiropractor in Cumming, GA
If you've been looking for a chiropractor in Cumming, GA or the surrounding areas, contact Watts Chiropractic at (770) 886-7070. Our chiropractor, Dr. Forrest Watts, has been serving his community for over 22 years!