Shoulder Pain Treatment At Our Watts Chiropractic Clinic in Cumming, GA
Shoulder pain makes everything that requires your arms harder to complete. From work to exercise to having fun with your family and friends, you need your shoulder throughout your daily life. Whether your shoulder pain is a result of an injury or you don't know what's causing it, Watts Chiropractic Clinic in Cumming, GA can help. We'll find the source of your pain and help you get back to pain-free living.
Common Sources of Shoulder Pain
Most people will experience shoulder pain at some point in their life. Shoulder pain can occur due to work injuries or sports injuries, or it may be due to something as simple as typing constantly at work. Your shoulder injury can come in many forms, including:
- Dislocated shoulder. This occurs when your humerus (upper arm bone) slips out of your shoulder socket. Common signs include a visibly misplaced shoulder, an inability to move the joint, and severe swelling.
- Shoulder bursae (bursitis). Your joints have fluid-filled sacs in them called bursae. Overuse of your shoulder can cause those bursae to get inflamed which causes swelling and pain.
- Frozen shoulder. A condition in which your shoulder becomes stiff and nearly impossible to move. It occurs when the connective tissue surrounding your shoulder joint thickens and tightens.
- Rotator cuff injury. A rotator cuff is the series of muscles and tendons that keep your humerus in your shoulder socket. Rotator cuff injuries are often found in people who perform repetitive overhead motions such as pitching, painting, or playing tennis.
- Strains and sprains. These often occur in the shoulder joint due to overuse, skipping warmups before exercising, lifting objects that are too heavy, or other activities.
- Tendinitis. This is caused by inflammation or irritation of the tendons around your shoulder. Signs of this condition include a dull ache, mild swelling, and tenderness.
How a Chiropractor can Help with Shoulder Pain
When you visit Watts Chiropractic Clinic because of shoulder pain, we'll do a full evaluation to find the source of the pain. We'll take your medical history and lifestyle into account when determining what is causing your pain and how to treat it. Dr. Forrest Watts will then advise a treatment plan, which may include chiropractic adjustments, physical therapy, corrective exercises, or other treatments.
Furthermore, Dr. Watts can advise you on ways to avoid such pain in the future. This may include using ergonomic chairs and keyboards, improving your posture, exercising more, and improving your diet.
Contact Our Watts Chiropractic Clinic in Cumming, GA!
If you live in Cumming and you're experiencing shoulder pain - whether or not you know the cause - visit Watts Chiropractic Clinic. Dr. Watts will take the time to treat the cause of your pain and help you avoid getting hurt again. To learn more about how we can treat your shoulder pain, visit our website or call us today.