Back Pain in Cumming, GA
Back pain is a common problem in Cumming, GA! This debilitating condition can make it difficult to complete everyday chores and enjoy time with family. Even worse, back pain tends to build on itself, starting off as minor and then becoming bigger as time passes. Knowing what causes back pain and how chiropractic care can help is an important part of healing after a back injury. At Watts Chiropractic Clinic, we help patients recover from back pain and avoid back problems in the future.
Causes of Back Pain
- Auto accidents. Auto accidents can cause injuries like whiplash, which result in pain in the back, shoulders and neck. Often patients who suffer from whiplash take days or even weeks to realize they've been hurt, during which time complications and other injuries may arise.
- Personal injury. Personal injuries can result in slips, trips and falls, thus leading to muscle strain, whiplash and similar injury.
- Occupational injury. Repetitive motions, poor ergonomics and poor work habits can cause back injury over a long period of time.
- Lifting heavy objects incorrectly. Incorrect lifting techniques can cause the muscles to become strained and may also result in a problem known as sublxuations. This condition, which occurs when the spinal column pinches the spinal cord, results in pain, tingling, muscle stiffness and limited range of motion.
Chiropractic Care to Alleviate Back Pain
Chiropractic care is a holistic form of pain management. Treatment of a single injury requires treatment of the whole body. By restoring good health and proper functioning to the body and central nervous system, your chiropractor can help alleviate your back pain and prevent the injury from reoccurring.
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a technique that chiropractors use to realign the vertebrae and eliminate subluxations. Our chiropractor, Dr. Forrest Watts, specializes in cervical adjustment of the top 2 vertebrae using Orthospinology. This technique is used to restore the systems of the body to good health and helps improve communication between the brain and the rest of the body, so the body can function better overall.
- Stretches and exercise. Stretches and exercises are helpful for restoring strength to the muscles of the body, thus helping the patient avoid injury and muscle strain. Stretches and exercises can also help improve blood flow to the weakened and damaged areas of the body, so the patient can heal more quickly.
- Lifestyle advice. We administer lifestyle advice to our patients so they can make small changes to their habits and behaviors that will help them avoid injury and reduce their everyday aches and pains.
Contact Your Chiropractor in Cumming GA
At Watts Chiropractic Clinic, we use natural, holistic methods to help you recover from back pain. If you're seeking back pain treatment in Cumming, Coal Mountain, Silver City, Chestatee, Dawsonville, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, and Buford, GA, contact us today at (770) 886-7070.