Work Injury Treatment With Our Watts Chiropractic Clinic Team In Cumming, GA
Dr. Forrest Watts is a chiropractor who can help you or your hard-working loved one recover from a painful and debilitating condition sustained on the job, which can happen in multiple career fields. We encourage you to come to Watts Chiropractic in Cumming, GA for drug-free solutions to acute and chronic work injury of all types.
What Causes Work Injury?
Most of us spend a majority of our week at work. Whether you have a job that requires a lot of physical labor or if you're primarily sedentary, there is at least some level of risk for you to sustain a work injury. Common risk factors include:
- Repetitive movement (lifting, bending, twisting, typing, etc.)
- Too much sitting
- Poor posture (especially while sitting)
- Poor lifting technique
- Slips, falls, auto accidents, and other acute events
Other indirect factors—such as personal and family history, stress, sleep quality, weight, and tobacco use—may also increase your risk of sustaining a work injury accident injury.
Common Work Injury Conditions
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: the median nerve travels through the carpal tunnel in your wrist—repetitive movement can cause swelling here and compress the nerve, leading to numbness in the first few fingers
- Sciatica: a pair of sciatic nerves exit the spine in the lower back; herniated or bulging disc, misaligned joint, or other structures can compress this nerve and cause severe buttocks and leg pain
- Back pain: common in first responders, truck drivers, nurses, and office workers, back pain can often occur due to physical stress from either labor or too much sitting, which can lead to osteoarthritis, degenerative disc disease, muscle spasms and strains, and misalignments
- Neck pain: tech neck (from looking down at a phone or computer too much) may increase your risk of degenerative disc disease and joint misalignment; whiplash occurs following traumatic snapping of the neck and is associated with pain, stiffness, headaches, jaw pain, trouble sleeping, and arm dysfunction
- Shoulder pain: rotator cuff strains are common with lifting accidents or repeated poor posture
How Our Chiropractor in Cumming Alleviates Work Injury Symptoms
We like to learn about our patients' occupations and job roles, as well as their lifestyles, so we can help them maximize their function and recovery. We'll teach you how to improve body mechanics to avoid recurring stress. Our chiropractor in Cumming also offers drug-free techniques such as adjustments and spinal decompression to alleviate pain, swelling, and other symptoms associated with a work injury.
Alleviate Your Pain Naturally at Watts Chiropractic in Cumming GA
Is a work injury accident injury keeping you from doing the job you love? Contact Watts Chiropractic today at (770) 886-7070 to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor, Dr. Watts.